While the winter air has settled into its familiar deep chill, there are still ways to make the most of your time spent in Kansas Metros this season. Whether you’ll be in Topeka, Lawrence, or Kansas City, there are places to explore, and adventures to be had. To help get you started, consider these activities when planning your winter in these major Kansas Metros:
– Visit the Kansas State Capitol Building to brush up on your history.
– Take the kids to the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center for a day of hands-on exhibits and educational fun.
– Find a nice day and walk around the Topeka Zoo.
– Take a walk down Massachusetts Street (known as “Mass Street”) and experience the heart of downtown, as well as the unique businesses that line it.
– Check out the 85-million-year-old fossils and other artifacts at the Museum of Natural History.
– Cheer on the Kansas Jayhawks at a basketball game in Allen Fieldhouse.
– Put your balancing skills to the test and go ice skating at Crown Center.
– See a play at the nationally acclaimed Kansas City Repertory Theatre.
– Get in a shopping trip, as well as a nice family dinner at the Country Club Plaza.
After you have checked off all of your list’s activities, consider visiting McCray Lumber and Millwork. McCray Lumber has locations in Topeka, Lawrence, and Kansas City, and is the perfect place for you to get started on your springtime projects. Whether you are looking to build a deck in the warmer season ahead, or want to replace your home’s windows, winter is the perfect time to get started browsing and creating an action plan for the coming months.
For more information on things to do in the major Kansas Metros this winter and to start planning your springtime projects, visit McCray Lumber and Millwork today.