OUTSIDE SALESApply Here
Job Category: Sales Outside
Job Title: Sales Outside
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION OVERVIEW: To develop and mange sales and marketing territory to ensure profit growth and expansion of Company’s products.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: From Yard Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sells a variety of merchandise such as lumber, hardware and building materials, by phone, fax or in person, to contractors.
• Increases sales by interacting with established accounts and by developing new ones.
• Portrays a professional outward sales appearance common to the industry.
• Manages account receivables for own clients.
• Responsible for scheduling orders and account maintenance.
• Demonstrates good personal relations towards customers creating a win-win situation.
• Makes cold calls by phone and in person on a daily basis.
• Generates new customers.
• Keeps abreast of current product developments in the industry.
• Communicates information pertinent to competition, market conditions, credit and accounts’ needs and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS-EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent two year college; or two to four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires valid vehicle operator’s license in state of residence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Reads and understands construction blue prints.
• Able to estimate board footage.
• Language skills to effectively present information and respond to questions,
• Mathematical skills to calculate using simple geometry and algebra
• Reasoning ability to define and solve problems.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or lift.
• May occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
• Employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
May occasionally be exposed to weather and dust when visiting a job site.