INSIDE SUPPORTApply Here
Job Category: Inside Sales
Job Title: Inside Sales
Job ID: K02 / M02
Exempt/Non Exempt: Non-exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE: Communicates with customers and outside sales reps and handles customer questions and complaints. Processes orders received by mail, phone, or personally from customer or outside sales reps.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: From Yard Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Functions as liaison between outside sales reps and customers to communicate any special requests, pricing needs, marketing opportunities, or unusual circumstances.
• Sells a variety of merchandise such as lumber, hardware and building materials, by phone, fax or in person, to contractors. Account management for major clients.
• Pricing and sourcing of stocked and special order products. Return and credit processing. Daily invoicing of sales.
• Responsible for house account sales and collection.
• Enter orders into internal accounting system. Answers questions and advises customer in selection of building materials and supplies.
• Sells Lumber packages including everything needed for installation and finish. Coordinates customer orders for delivery or will call.
• Communicates with other department managers on status of customer orders being pulled for will call or delivery.
• Communicates with venders on status of customer orders when necessary. Confers with production, sales, or warehouse personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
• Quotes lumber and hardware lists via computer. Keeps abreast of current product developments in the industry. Estimates board footage.
• Manages customer inquiries, objections, questions or problems concerning billing, return goods, product or services in a timely and positive manner and recommends corrective action.
• Portrays a professional outward sales appearance common to the industry. Demonstrates good personal relations towards customers creating a win-win situation.
• May be involved in opening and closing of yard and some work direction of drivers and pullers.
• Fill in as outside sales reps as needed.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Associates Degree or two years college or two to four years related experience. Needs language skills to effectively present information and respond to questions, mathematical skills to calculate using simple geometry and algebra, and reasoning ability to define and solve problems.
Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or lift. May occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS