FORKLIFT/LOAD PULLER/WAREHOUSEApply Here
Job Category: Yard
Job Title: Yard, Load Puller, Warehouse, Picker, Receiving
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
POSITION OVERVIEW: To stock and load products of the lumberyard
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: From Yard Foreman
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stocks and pulls merchandise consisting of lumber and building materials;
- Reads customer order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas;
- Sorts and places items on racks according to predetermined sequence;
- Operates fork lift truck or hand truck to move or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to warehouse storage or work area;
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to shipping department;
- Stacks lumber in yard or in shed;
- Drives diesel or gasoline powered industrial trucks equipped with lifting devices such as forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products equipment, or materials;
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment;
- May operate one or more single or multiple blade circular saws to cut wood and wood products to specified lengths;
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED or one to two years related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Needs to be capable of becoming fork lift certified.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must pass post-offer physical examination including drug test.
- Must pass essential functions testing which includes lifting and carrying, stair climb, push/pull, and grip dynamometer testing.
- Employee is regularly required to sit and frequently required to walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or lift.
- May frequently lift and/or move heavy and awkward material.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
- Exposure to year-round outside weather conditions, including excessive heat, humidity, rain, cold, dust, ice/snow.
- Must drive in all weather, in all traffic conditions.
- Must walk on uneven ground and through possible hazards on job sites.
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must wear personal protective equipment including safety boots (steel toe, puncture resistant), gloves, safety glasses, and hard hats on job sites.