DRIVER (NOT CDL CERTIFIED)Apply Here
Job Category: Driver
Job Title: Driver
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
POSITION OVERVIEW: To drive trucks carrying goods to customer job sites
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: From Yard Foreman
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Delivers lumber, hardware and building materials to customer’s job site;
• Reloads pickups of lumber, hardware and building materials onto truck from job site and returns them to lumberyard;
• Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition;
• Assists workers in loading and unloading trucks; Inspects delivered products for quality and damaged appearance at time of delivery;
• Ensures all shipping documents and receipts are properly completed;
• Maintains driver log according to state and federal regulations;
• Uses straps to secure cargo during transit;
• Maintains good company image by presenting a clean and neat appearance while delivering merchandise to customers;
• Assists customers and stocks merchandise consisting of lumber and building materials when not on deliveries;
• Stacks lumber in yard or in shed;
• Builds loads;
• Helps keep yard clean of trash and debris;
• Daily maintenance such as checking oil level on truck and air pressure in tires.
• Responsible for keeping truck clean inside and out;
• May drive diesel or gasoline powered industrial trucks equipped with lifting devices such as forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED; or one to two years related experience.
• Requires CDL Class B with air brakes endorsement and history of good driving.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to arrive at work on time and be able to maintain a good attendance record.
• Good knowledge of the Kansas City area is a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must pass post-offer DOT drug screening and physical examination.
• Must pass essential functions testing which includes lifting and carrying, stair climb, push/pull, and grip dynamometer testing.
• Employee is regularly required to sit and frequently required to walk and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or lift.
• May frequently lift and/or move heavy and awkward material.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
• Exposure to year-round outside weather conditions, including excessive heat, humidity, rain, cold, dust, ice/snow.
• Must drive in all weather, in all traffic conditions.
• Must walk on uneven ground and through possible hazards on job sites.
• The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Must wear personal protective equipment including safety boots (steel toe, puncture resistant), gloves, safety glasses, and hard hats on job sites.